Skip to main content

Tax for Travellers

Be work-smart

Read More

If you’re a visitor or a new Australian resident, the team at Business Tax & Money House Gosford and Bondi Junction can set you up with a Tax File Number (TFN) to handle your tax returns. A TFN is used in all your taxation affairs including registering with an employer, lodging a tax return, and claiming your superannuation.

You should provide your TFN to your tax agent (or any other holding a licence), employer, your chosen superannuation fund and banking institutions. You don’t always have to provide your TFN, but not doing so will result in higher taxes withheld from payments to you.

BTMH can handle all TFN setup processes prior to your arrival to Australia, however, by law, you can only apply for a TFN whilst you are in the country.

If you have any questions about applying for a TFN, please contact us.

Get your TFN

The team at BTMH will set you up with a TFN for use across all your taxation affairs. You can visit our offices located in Bondi Junction, Sydney or Gosford CBD, Central Coast, or you can contact us.

Are you leaving Australia?

If you’re leaving Australia permanently, BTMH can help prepare your final taxes even before the end of the financial year. Our team can help you with:

  • Preparing your last tax return
  • Closing your ABN, and other outstanding matters with the ATO
  • Withdrawing your Superannuation.

Speak to us today to organise your tax refund.

Talk to us